Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah…Making it a Magical Day!


Last year, Disney had a contest to pick out ten moms full of Disney knowledge to help them with their new blog. I thought, I like to write and blog…What a fun opportunity to share my Disney knowledge and insight with others. There were thousands of entries and the moms ( and one dad) were selected for the prestigious Disney Mom’s Panel, but sadly I was not chosen. (Gotta admit here, I don’t think I even entered the contest.) Funny, when I heard of the outpouring of entries for the unpaid position, I was astounded that I wasn’t the only Disneyaniac ready to jump onboard for a chance to blog my heart out about our love of everything Disney. Go figure.

So as I wandered around the World with my family this past summer, I decided, why not blog about Disney anyway? Sure, I won’t have hundreds of thousands of people reading my posts, but I won’t have to answer any canned questions either. Going solo, will give me the opportunity to write my own Disney memories, traditions and thoughts. I can go off on a tangent and muse whether Pluto or Donald is Mickey’s best pal. I can review my family's experiences at favorite spots and tastes at WDW and tell my readers why I like and more importantly, don’t like them. Irrelevant things like the Mickey Shaped ice cream tastes just like a Dove bar…And the giant frosted rice crispy treats always seem to be stale! And, I can directly answer any and all questions from first time Disneyworld travellers that are asked...very quickly too!

Okay, I guess it isn’t as prestigious as being on the Mom’s Panel, but I am betting it will be just as fun. So come along for the ride as I share my Magical Mouse Tales and make it a magical day!

No comments: