Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Help! I'm Addicted to Disney Pins and Need a GREAT Trading Pin Source!


There is nothing as exciting for a Disney Pin Collector than getting a new fabulous trading pin. This is an easy thing to accomplish if you are at Walt Disney World as there seems to be a pin seller around every corner. If you are a trader, there are dozens of cast members wandering through the park, so it won't take long to find a treasure, if you keep your eyes open. You don't even have to enter the parks in Florida as their is a wonderfully, overstocked pin store right in Downtown Disney. Heck now you can stop in a the Orlando Airport and pick out a favorite Disney character or two before your flight takes off!

But for the Disney pin collector that lives outside the Orlando, a good pin can be hard to find. Living in the Midwest, it is truly a treasure hunt when looking for bargain Disney pins. I have been able to get some affordable pins that are not scrappers.

Here are a few of my favorite Disney Trading Pin resources:


1. Craigslist--I search the local listings to find others wanting to sell their Disney collectibles and place posts that I will pay cash for Disney pins.

2. Thrift Stores--Every so often, I find a donated pin for sale at a great price. Most of the ones I have found have been older too. So it is quite a "SCORE" to get a sold out limited edition for a buck.

3. The Disney Store--Occasionally, I can snag a bargain on pins sets that are on sale online. I buy several when I find a good deal for traders!

4. Amazon & Ebay--Like thrift stores, there are bargains on Amazon & Ebay from time to time. But read the ads carefully to avoid scrappers.)

5. Promotional Pins--Every so often a large company will partner up with Disney and create a pin; Kodak and Smuckers have both participated in past promotions . When they do, I make sure to get at least one or two as these are usually sought after once the promotion is over.

Copyright 2011 Magical Mouse Tales

No comments: